About the Position
Based in Washington, DC, the Digital Communications Associate will report to the Associate Director of Digital Communications and serve as a member of the Digital team. This position is an exciting role on a fast-paced Comms team that supports Ed Trust’s work to improve educational opportunities and outcomes for Black and Latino students and students from low-income backgrounds. Come flex your persuasive writing and social media skills in service of educational equity!
The Education Trust is comprised of fierce advocates for the high academic achievement of all students — pre-kindergarten through college, particularly those of color or living in poverty. Through research and advocacy, Ed Trust’s goal is to close the gaps in opportunity and achievement that affect millions of young people across the U.S. — especially students of color and those from low-income families. We work alongside educators, policymakers, parents, and community and business leaders across the country to advocate transforming schools and colleges into institutions that serve all students well. Lessons learned in these efforts, together with unflinching data analyses, help shape our state and national policy agendas.
The Communications Associate’s responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Create social media content to recruit and support a national network of education equity advocates
- Monitor, analyze, and report on Digital KPIs, such as social media mentions and lead conversion (email sign ups, donations, downloads)
- Work with the Development team to report on Comms deliverables for grant reports
- Draft and send Ed Trust newsletters, event invitations, and other marketing emails
- Post Press Releases, Letters, Blogs, and other content to the Ed Trust website
- Project manage communications division activities around report releases and major events
Candidates should enjoy working in a dynamic, results-oriented environment where the quality of work is paramount, and timelines can be short. Additionally, we are looking for a combination of the following qualifications:
- 1-2 years’ experience interning or working in a communications role or an associate’s degree or higher in communications, marketing, or other related field
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to effectively develop and communicate information to target audiences
- Solid follow-through and attention to detail
The annual salary for this position starts at $47,000 and will be commensurate with experience. The Education Trust offers a competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision benefits as well as a 403(b)-retirement plan.