Reporting to the Associate Director of Grants Management, the Grants Management Assistant is responsible for assisting in the processing and tracking of grants received by the organization, facilitating the grant reporting processes, maintaining high-quality data in the grants management system, helping ensure quality and consistency across systems reporting on grants data, and supporting staff with their due diligence and navigation of the grants management system. This person works collaboratively with the development team.
The position will be located at our headquarters in Washington, DC, but we also have offices and substantial operations in California, Michigan, and New York.
The Education Trust is a national nonprofit that works to close opportunity gaps that disproportionately affect students of color and students from low-income families. Through our research and advocacy, Ed Trust supports efforts that expand excellence and equity in education from preschool through college; increase college access and completion particularly for historically underserved students; engage diverse communities dedicated to education equity; and increase political and public will to act on equity issues.
The Grants Management Assistant’s responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Support Associate Director of Grants Management in overall grant management, including budgeting and reporting for grants
- Organize and maintain electronic and paper files of grant documents and resources
- Works with Development team to ensure grant records are complete and accurate
- Maintain calendar of grant deadlines
- Support the Associate Director of Grants Management in gathering data for reports
- Produce reports including grant activity reports and other reports as needed
- Support Grants Managers with tasks related to financial compliance
- Work to enhance and improve grants management processes and increase efficiencies
- Support the finance team as needed
We are looking for a combination of the following qualifications and experience:
- An associate degree or higher in accounting, business management, or similar area of study preferred
- A minimum of 2 to 4 years of experience in similar positions of responsibility
- Knowledge of and experience with accounting software
- Capacity to work effectively in a support function in a program-oriented, mission-driven organization with a diverse portfolio of work
- Excellent time- and task-management skills
- Self-starter mentality and the ability to work independently
- A demonstrated commitment to excellence
- Healthy respect for colleagues
- Goal-oriented, project-oriented, and achievement-oriented
- Strong sense of honor and integrity
- A warm, personal style with a good sense of humor
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Enthusiastic, inquisitive, and energetic
- Passion for improving the educational experiences and outcomes for low-income students and students of color
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. The Education Trust offers a comprehensive benefits package.
The Education Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages diversity in all facets of the organization’s work.