The Education Trust seeks an Information Technology Analyst to support the work of the organization’s Operations and Strategic Leadership division.
Reporting to the Information Technology Manager, this individual will be a talented and experienced technology professional who can engage, motivate, and support others in ensuring a high degree of technical expertise and performance to support the organization’s mission and work. This position is responsible for ensuring continuity of hardware/software services for computer users throughout the organization, through planning, technical support, and project coordination. The position involves coordinating user technical training and remediation activities, oversees the information resources repository of instructional materials for user applications, and makes recommendations for additions to learning aids and tools. The IT Analyst conducts needs assessments, evaluates assistance currently being offered and develops approaches to enhance organizational capabilities for user support.
This position will be located at our headquarters in Washington, D.C., but we also have offices and substantial operations in California, Michigan, and New York.
The Education Trust is a national nonprofit that works to close opportunity gaps that disproportionately affect students of color and students from low-income families. Through our research and advocacy, Ed Trust supports efforts that expand excellence and equity in education from preschool through college; increase college access and completion particularly for historically underserved students; engage diverse communities dedicated to education equity; and increase political and public will to act on equity issues.
The Information Technology Analyst’s responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Installs hardware components such as monitors, keyboards, printers and disk drives with users.
- Loads appropriate software packages such as operating systems, networking components and office applications.
- Assists in the customization and adaptation of existing programs to meet users’ requirements.
- Must be able to install applications on client environment, troubleshoot the issues.
- Establish and maintain effective professional working relationships with co-workers, and every level of management.
- Assist with the goals of the IT Department in conjunction with the IT Manager within broad outlines and contribute to the continuity of computer services.
- Stay abreast of the latest developments in IT technology and remain highly technically competent at all levels of data processing while striving for enhanced user productivity through implementation of new software technology where applicable, and the implementation of policies that more effectively utilize IT resources.
- Provides telephone, in-person and online support to end-users.
- Coordinates activities with network services and information systems groups.
- Provides updates, status and completion information to manager and/or users, via voice mail, e-mail or in-person communication.
- Refers major hardware problems to IT Manager for correction.
- Connects users to networks and provides initial training on applications.
- Administers e-mail and IT Management systems.
- Assists with setting up Audio Visual hardware for users.
- Provide excellent customer/client experience, the service and support should be immediate and precise on all technical issues.
- Ability to respond to queries in a quick manner that results in great user experience.
- Enforce organizational policies and procedures for all employees.
- Present a professional image as a representative of the company.
- Ability to troubleshoot TCP / IP networking issues.
- Make sure the PC’s/ Laptop’s function properly, take measures to avoid downtime and monitor to keep things running smoothly.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
We are looking for a combination of the following qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field or two years’ experience.
- Experience with operating systems such as Windows/ Mac with excellent knowledge and experience with MS- OFFICE or equivalent.
- Multi-tasking is a very important skill for this job
- Experience working in multiple environments such as Windows, or Mac OSX
- Good knowledge of MS-office, ability to work on sheets and create documentation for the users
- Experience in responding to ticket based support system
- Team player and great interpersonal skills
- Problem solving skills
- Experience in a customer service-related capacity.
- Excellent communication skills
- Great support attitude
- Self-starter mentality and the ability to work independently;
- A demonstrated commitment to excellence;
- Healthy respect for colleagues;
- Goal-oriented, project-oriented, and achievement-oriented;
- Strong sense of honor and integrity;
- A warm, personal style with a good sense of humor;
- Passion for improving the educational experiences and outcomes for students from low-income backgrounds and students of color.