About the Organization and the Opportunity
Ed Trust seeks an IT Associate, Help Desk on our IT Team. The IT Associate will join a passionate staff committed to fulfilling our mission of closing opportunity gaps that disproportionately affect students of color and students from low-income families.
The IT Associate handles the day-to-day operations of the IT Help Desk, with a focus on hardware support, for our growing organization of 120+ employees located in our DC office and in other offices across the country. This role includes problem-solving staff IT ticket submissions as well as monitoring, installing, and maintaining staff systems. The IT Associate contributes to the IT department and the organization at-large by supporting and assisting staff members with routine operational and technical needs so that they have the IT materials and equipment needed to deliver on Ed Trust’s mission and vision.
The Education Trust (Ed Trust) is comprised of fierce advocates for the high academic achievement of all students — pre-kindergarten through college, particularly those of color or living in poverty. Through research and advocacy, Ed Trust’s goal is to close the gaps in opportunity and achievement that affect millions of young people across the U.S. — especially students of color and those from low-income families. We work alongside educators, policymakers, parents, and community and business leaders across the country to advocate transforming schools and colleges into institutions that serve all students well. Lessons learned in these efforts, together with unflinching data analyses, help shape our state and national policy agendas.
This role, available immediately, is based in our DC office and is eligible for telework for up to 3 days per week. This role is classified as nonexempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act, and requires the flexibility to work outside of normal business hours on an as-needed basis. The IT Associate reports to the Associate Director, IT.
The responsibilities and objectives for this role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide customer-oriented service and day-to-day IT support to staff via the IT Help Desk, both in-person and remotely (phone and video)
- Maintain, monitor, and install organization hardware (e.g., monitors, keyboards, printers, audio-video) and software (e.g., operating systems, and office applications)
- Support equipment needs for onboarding and exiting staff
- Provide training and assistance on computers, peripheral devices, and software programs for routine operational and technical needs
- Document common support procedures for staff to follow to self-diagnose issues
- Provide A/V support for webinars and virtual events
- Provide updates, status, and completion information to manager and/or users, via Teams, e-mail or in-person communication
- Troubleshoot TCP/IP networking issues and refer major hardware problems for correction
- Continuously increase knowledge of new and existing technologies to improve technical skills
- Shared belief in Ed Trust’s mission and a commitment to improving educational equity with a focus on racial equity
- Dedication in contributing to and maintaining an equitable working environment
- Strong customer-service orientation, with the ability to serve customers with timeliness, precision, and efficiency
- Excellent problem-solving skills and detail-orientation
- Interpersonal and teamwork skills, with the ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with colleagues at all levels in the organization
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Active listener and continuous learner
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in a related field, such as computer science, with relevant IT certification (e.g., Microsoft)
- 2-4 years of experience supporting systems in a help desk role or related role
- Familiarity with a variety of IT hardware and software, such as Windows, Mac, IOS, and Android
- Experience with remote desktop applications, with knowledge and experience with Windows operating systems and MS-Office required
- Experience with Microsoft 365 and Azure preferred
The annual salary equivalent for this position starts at $55,000 and will be commensurate with experience.
The Education Trust prioritizes the health and well-being of its employees and, to that end, offers a highly competitive benefits package. Medical, dental and vision insurance are covered at 100% for the employee, with significant coverage also offered for dependents. We provide sick leave, vacation leave, and personal leave, and we follow the federal government for most holiday closures. To ensure staff have synchronous opportunities for rest and renewal, the office is closed for a week-long summer break and a week-long winter break. Among other offerings, we provide an Employee Assistance Program at no cost to the employee, and a generous 7% matching opportunity on a 403(b)-retirement plan.