Based in Washington, DC, the Manager of Human Resources will report to the Director of Human Resources and will be instrumental in building a high-performing, customer-oriented, equity-focused HR function. The ideal candidate must demonstrate a passion for Ed Trust’s mission and have the skills and abilities to manage HR-related projects from end-to-end and provide excellent customer service to people managers. The Manager will drive day-to-day implementation and improvement of HR policies, processes and systems, manage short and long-term improvement projects, and track, analyze, and report on key HR data.
Ed Trust is comprised of fierce advocates for the high academic achievement of all students — pre-kindergarten through college, particularly those of color or living in poverty. Through research and advocacy, Ed Trust’s goal is to close the gaps in opportunity and achievement that affect millions of young people across the U.S. — especially students of color and those from low-income families. We work alongside educators, policymakers, parents, and community and business leaders across the country to advocate transforming schools and colleges into institutions that serve all students well. Lessons learned in these efforts, together with unflinching data analyses, help shape our state and national policy agendas.
- Manage day-to-day HR processes and systems in line with the departmental workplan
- Track, analyze and report on key metrics using the HRIS and excel
- Coordinate efforts to improve HR systems/processes and increase efficiencies, including maximizing HRIS functionality and supporting data integrity
- Identify opportunities for HR policies, processes and systems to mitigate bias and promote inclusive and equitable employee experiences (i.e., within hiring/selection, onboarding, performance management and career growth, compensation and exit)
- Coordinate quantitative and qualitative ways of soliciting employee feedback
- Collaborate with hiring managers on recruitment and onboarding of new staff through 1:1 support, group training sessions, and resource sharing
- Liaise with our offices in Michigan, New York, and California as needed to ensure consistency and legal compliance of HR policy and procedures throughout the organization
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in HR, talent, or operations
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite, particularly using Excel to analyze data sets and generate insights
- Knowledge and understanding of employment regulations preferred
- Experience managing short and longer-term projects end-to-end, with a track record of meeting or exceeding milestones on time and communicating with stakeholders along the way
- Able to contribute to a culture of engagement and empowerment that values diversity, equity, and inclusion and demonstrates fair and consistent management practices
- Able to build trust, follow-through on commitments, and handle highly confidential information with discretion
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple priorities effectively, and take initiative
- SHRM or other HR certification is a plus
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. The Education Trust offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Please provide a cover letter and resume to be considered for this position. You must combine your cover letter and resume into one document and upload that document. Our application system will not allow you to upload more than one file.
The Education Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages diversity in all facets of the organization’s work.