Based in Washington, DC, the Senior Associate will report to the Director, P12 Practice and serve as a member of the Practice team.
The Senior Associate will work alongside the Director to coordinate and manage the logistics for our newly formed Chief Equity Officer Network. The Senior Associate will collaborate with the Director to coordinate network programming, collaborate with various teams within Ed Trust and with our network funders to plan and execute network convenings, and develop a system of reporting to capture field-building knowledge about the impact of Chief Equity Officers on system-level change. This newly formed position will require project management experience, an attention to detail, strong communication and organizational skills, and the ability to work across multiple teams. Knowledge of how public-school systems work is necessary and an understanding of and commitment to educational equity is paramount.
Ed Trust is comprised of fierce advocates for the high academic achievement of all students — pre-kindergarten through college, particularly those of color or living in poverty. Through research and advocacy, Ed Trust’s goal is to close the gaps in opportunity and achievement that affect millions of young people across the U.S. — especially students of color and those from low-income families. We work alongside educators, policymakers, parents, and community and business leaders across the country to advocate transforming schools and colleges into institutions that serve all students well. Lessons learned in these efforts, together with unflinching data analyses, help shape our state and national policy agendas.
- Implement a system for managing correspondence within and across the CEO network
- Collaborate with Director to develop network reports (internal to the network and external to the education field)
- Collaborate with Director on developing protocols for capturing network learning to be shared within Ed Trust and with the network funder
- Build relationships with various Ed Trust teams to ensure network goals are met and deliverables adhere to project timelines
- Build relationships with network funder to communicate network progress and learning
- Collaborate with Director and Ed Trust staff to manage network convenings (virtual and on-site)
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Belief in The Education Trust’s mission and a commitment to improving educational equity;
- Strong background and interest in educational equity for P-12;
- Knowledge of P-12 education systems;
- Knowledge about the role of Chief Equity Officers in education or industry;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Excellent communications and analytical skills (both oral and written) ;
- Strong computer skills including proficient or advanced skills in Microsoft Suite
- Minimum of 4 years’ relevant experience
- An advanced degree in a relevant field is a plus; Bachelor’s degree required
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. The Education Trust offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Please provide a cover letter and resume to be considered for this position. You must combine your cover letter and resume into one document and upload that document. Our application system will not allow you to upload more than one file.
At The Education Trust, the health and safety of our employees is of the utmost importance. As such, all Education Trust employees will be required to be vaccinated against COVID-19, and new hires should be fully vaccinated prior to their first day of work. Requests for accommodations due to medical or religious reasons will be reviewed by Human Resources.
The Education Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages diversity in all facets of the organization’s work.