Based in Nashville, Tennessee, The Education Trust in Tennessee team seeks a Communications Associate who will report to the Associate Director.
The Communications Associate will play a critical role in advancing the organization’s ambitious agenda to expose and eradicate injustices and inequities in Tennessee schools and systems of education. This role will have the opportunity to collaborate with our research, policy, engagement and government relations teams to advance our advocacy goals. The Communications Associate will be responsible for day-to-day support and implementation of our social media and earned media strategies as well as providing general, ongoing communications support across the Tennessee state team.
Ed Trust is comprised of fierce advocates for the high academic achievement of all students — pre-kindergarten through college, particularly those of color or living in poverty. Through research and advocacy, Ed Trust’s goal is to close the gaps in opportunity and achievement that affect millions of young people across the U.S. — especially students of color and those from low-income families. We work alongside educators, policymakers, parents, and community and business leaders across the country to advocate transforming schools and colleges into institutions that serve all students well. Lessons learned in these efforts, together with unflinching data analyses, help shape our state and national policy agendas.
- Support the implementation of social media activities across multiple channels and platforms.
- Work with staff on social media requests, which includes writing social media content and implementing social media promotion
- Implement social media scheduling and respond to quick turnaround social media requests
- Coordinate an email outreach program, including designing emails with content and visuals
- Support maintenance and buildout of our Every Action email program
- Act as point person for all website updates and maintenance
- Provide design support for social media graphics and event invites
- Scope and track news and Ed Trust in Tennessee media placements
- Assist with media research and building out Cision media lists to help Ed Trust in Tennessee be more proactive and responsive to the media landscape and reporter requests
- Assist in developing media backgrounders and other communications-related tasks as needed
General Communications Support
- Maintain the organization’s tracking tools, including the Communications Calendar, scheduling internal meetings, and other quick turnaround requests
- Assist with all Ed Trust in Tennessee events, releases and campaigns
Candidates should enjoy working in a dynamic, results-oriented environment in which expectations are high for both the quality and speed of work. We are looking for a combination of the following qualifications and experience:
- A minimum of 1-2 years of experience in advocacy communications, digital communications, or related field.
- Proven results using digital communications to advance a cause.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or a related field.
- Strong project management skills with a demonstrated ability to be flexible and juggle multiple priorities, projects, campaigns, and tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- A strong commitment to racial justice and equity work.
- Self-reflective, open to honest conversations about race, identity, and privilege and how these forces impact our internal and external work.
- Exceptional follow-through and attention to detail.
- Proven experience drafting digital content.
- Strong computer skills and experience with Social Media management platforms such as Sprout Social, CRM such as Every Action, and website development.
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. The Education Trust offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Please provide a cover letter and resume to be considered for this position. You must combine your cover letter and resume into one document and upload that document. Our application system will not allow you to upload more than one file.
The Education Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages diversity in all facets of the organization’s work.
Vaccination for COVID-19: At The Education Trust, the health and safety of our employees is of the utmost importance. As such, all Education Trust employees will be required to be vaccinated against COVID-19, and new hires should be fully vaccinated prior to their first day of work. Requests for accommodations due to medical or religious reasons will be reviewed by Human Resources.