The Education Trust, one of the nation’s premiere education advocacy organizations working to improve educational opportunity and raise achievement for students of color and low-income students, seeks a Graphic Designer – Multimedia/Digital to produce compelling data visualizations, motion graphics, animations, interactive PDFs, and videos for the web and social media.
Reporting to the senior designer, the graphic designer will work closely with a talented communications team to conceptualize ideas and assemble media assets to produce high-quality, dynamic, visual content that connects with our target audiences and advances our advocacy agenda. S/he will be able to think strategically about how various audiences engage with content (both online and in-person) and how to deliver unique and memorable viewing experiences. S/he will be skilled at understanding complex data and translating it for a lay audience as well as have a strong eye for design, composition, color theory, typography, and pacing. Experience working on a campaign or in the education policy or advocacy arena, a plus.
Washington, DC Office
Major responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Collaborate with data analysts, communications managers, senior designer, writers and editors, and digital team to transform concepts and ideas into engaging motion graphics and data visualization
- Take animation-ready assets and prep them for animation as well as create animations using After Effect, Cinema4D, etc.
- Edit and create videos incorporating motion graphics, infographics, and animations
- Ensure visual elements and quality design standards are maintained across the entire video and motion graphics production process
- Support and assist senior designer with designing branded print collateral, creating PowerPoint presentations for staff, and preparing documents for in-house and outside printing, and a variety of other projects, as needed.
We are looking for a combination of the following qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related area (graphic design, animation, multimedia design) and three to five years professional experience as a designer with a portfolio of work demonstrating expertise in the field of data visualization and animation
- Advanced in After Effects, Adobe Premiere and Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience in video editing and producing short-form content for social media
- Familiarity with social media platforms and how video functions on each (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Understanding and implementation of responsive design
- Commitment to high-quality work and keeping up with industry news and evolving techniques
The ideal candidate demonstrates the following personal characteristics:
- A passion for improving the educational experiences and outcomes for students of color and low-income students, and an unwavering belief that all students can be successful if given adequate resources and support
- A highly motivated self-starter with a desire to improve skills and the ability to work independently with limited supervision
- An exceptional collaborator and team player with a demonstrated commitment to excellence
- A true innovator, who is willing to suggest and experiment with new ideas and concepts
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to change directions quickly while maintaining and retaining the highest caliber of work
- Positive, professional work attitude and strong work ethic
- Strong professional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to organize workload, manage priorities, meet deadlines and work well within a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. The Education Trust offers a comprehensive benefits package.