The Education Trust, one of the nation’s premier advocacy organization working to improve educational opportunity and raise achievement for low-income students and students of color, seeks an Information Technology Analyst to support the work of the organization’s Operations and Strategic Leadership division.
The Education Trust has a current operating budget of approximately $17 million. We are seeking a talented and experienced technology professional to engage, motivate, and support others in ensuring a high degree of technical expertise and performance to support the organization’s mission and work. The individual will report to the Information Technology Manager.
The position will be located at our headquarters in Washington, DC, but we also have offices and substantial operations in California, Michigan, and New York.
Washington, DC Office
The Education Trust promotes high academic achievement for all students at all levels—pre-kindergarten through college. Our goal is to close the gaps in opportunity and achievement that consign far too many young people—especially those who are black, Latino, American Indian, or from low-income families—to lives on the margins of the American mainstream. We work alongside parents, educators, policymakers, and community and business leaders across the country in transforming schools and colleges into institutions that serve all students well. Lessons learned in these efforts, together with unflinching data analyses, shape our state and national policy agendas. For additional information on The Education Trust, please visit www.edtrust.org.
This position is responsible for ensuring continuity of hardware/software services for computer users throughout the organization, through planning, technical support, and project coordination. The position coordinates user technical training and remediation activities, oversees the information resources repository of instructional materials for user applications, and makes recommendations for additions to learning aids and tools. The position conducts needs assessments, evaluates assistance currently being offered and develops approaches to enhance organizational capabilities for user support.
The Information Technology Analyst’s responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Installs hardware components such as monitors, keyboards, printers and disk drives with users.
- Loads appropriate software packages such as operating systems, networking components and office applications.
- Assists in the customization and adaptation of existing programs to meet users’ requirements.
- Must be able to install applications on client environment, troubleshoot the issues.
- Establish and maintain effective professional working relationships with co-workers, and every level of management.
- Assist with the goals of the IT Department in conjunction with the IT Manager within broad outlines and contribute to the continuity of computer services.
- Stay abreast of the latest developments in IT technology and remain highly technically competent at all levels of data processing while striving for enhanced user productivity through implementation of new software technology where applicable, and the implementation of policies that more effectively utilize IT resources.
- Provides telephone, in-person and online support to end-users.
- Coordinates activities with network services and information systems groups.
- Provides updates, status and completion information to manager and/or users, via voice mail, e-mail or in-person communication.
- Refers major hardware problems to IT Manager for correction.
- Connects users to networks and provides initial training on applications.
- Administers e-mail and IT Management systems.
- Assists with setting up Audio Visual hardware for users.
- Provide excellent customer/client experience, the service and support should be immediate and precise on all technical issues.
- Ability to respond to queries in a quick manner that results in great user experience.
- Enforce organizational policies and procedures for all employees.
- Present a professional image as a representative of the company.
- Ability to troubleshoot TCP / IP networking issues.
- Make sure the PC’s/ Laptop’s function properly, take measures to avoid downtime and monitor to keep things running smoothly.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
We are looking for a combination of the following qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field or two years’ experience.
- Experience with operating systems such as Windows/ Mac with excellent knowledge and experience with MS- OFFICE or equivalent.
- Multi-tasking is a very important skill for this job
- Experience working in multiple environments such as Windows, or Mac OSX
- Good knowledge of MS-office, ability to work on sheets and create documentation for the users
- Experience in responding to ticket based support system
- Team player and great interpersonal skills
- Problem solving skills
- Experience in a customer service-related capacity.
- Excellent communication skills
- Great support attitude
- Self-starter mentality and the ability to work independently;
- A demonstrated commitment to excellence;
- Healthy respect for colleagues;
- Goal-oriented, project-oriented, and achievement-oriented;
- Strong sense of honor and integrity;
- A warm, personal style with a good sense of humor;
- Passion for improving the educational experiences and outcomes for low-income students and students of color, and an unwavering belief that these students could be much more successful if institutions better served them.