Continuing the Conversation about Critical Race Theory – The New Public Fight at the State Level
Attacks on “Critical Race Theory” and equity have hit a fever pitch in federal, state, and local education policy and in national public discourse. So-called anti-C.R.T. bills are being introduced in states across the country, threatening equity and diversity in our schools and ultimately threatening our democracy. But what are these efforts really attacking and what is being done to combat them on the ground?
We will continue the conversation from the plenary in this workshop. We will learn from leading state advocates and others on what’s being done at the state and local levels and we will collaboratively draw actionable lessons for the work ahead.
- TN Public Chapter 493 (Final Bill Language That Passed Into Law)
- TN Alliance for Equity in Education Opposition Letter to House Leadership
- TN Educators of Color Alliance (TECA) Sign-On Letter Urging Gov. Bill Lee to Veto the Bill
- Coverage of EdTrust – TECA #CriticalConversations Panel on Anti-CRT Movement
- DRAFT TN Department of Education Rule Implementing PC 493
- Our EmpowerEd Student’s First Person Op-Ed in Chalkbeat