Ed Trust in Lousiana
Who We Are
The Education Trust in Louisiana works to promote educational equity for historically underserved students in the Louisiana’s schools. We work alongside students, families, and communities to build urgency and collective will for educational equity and justice.
What We Do
WE BRIDGE POLICY AND COMMUNITY: We seek to influence policy in Louisiana by engaging and equipping key education stakeholders, including policymakers, thought leaders, practitioners, community groups, civic organizations, parents, and students. Our goal is to drive a state conversation about how our public education system can better serve students of color and students from low-income backgrounds, pre-k through college.
WE WORK ALONGSIDE ADVOCATES:
- To draw attention to inequities in Louisiana by identifying and analyzing data that disproportionately impact underserved students across the state
- To equip partners with actionable and accessible tools to advance better educational outcomes and opportunities for underserved students
- To advocate for policies and practices that improve opportunities and outcomes for students of color, linguistically diverse students, students from economically-disadvantaged families, and students with disabilities
What We Believe
- We believe that school and district accountability systems have the potential to serve as a powerful tool to help close gaps in achievement.
- We believe that the equitable allocation and use of resources – people, time, and money – enable all children to reach empowering goals, no matter their race or income.
- We believe that all students thrive when they have access to a strong and diverse teacher workforce.
- We believe that a postsecondary degree is the ticket to achieving social and economic mobility, yet too few students are able to enroll in, afford, and complete college.
- Read more
To Members of the Louisiana Board of Elementary & Secondary Education (BESE),In the unprecedented times we are facing, particularly…