School Funding Policy in Challenging Times: Tools for Advocates & Policymakers
As states and school districts across the country face significant financial challenges due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we want to ensure decisionmakers and advocates have the tools and resources they need to safeguard equity while making these difficult decisions.
You can watch the full recording of the training below, or access the slide deck here.
Additional resources from the workshop:
- Common Sense and Fairness report and interactive tool
- Other materials:
- COVID-19 Education Equity Guide on School Funding
- 5 Things to Advance Equity in State Funding Systems
- Resource Equity Guidebook on School Funding
- Resources on Texas’ school funding reform (HB3):
- StriveTogether, “Delivering Equitable Finance Reform”
- InvestEdTX, “Summary of the Texas Commission on Public School Finance Final Report”
- Center for Public Policy Priorities, “There’s a New School Finance Law in Texas… Now What?”