Communication for Fierce Advocacy: How to Leverage Your Social Media for Advocacy
Series description: It is so important in the fight for educational equity that the voices and experiences of students and teachers are heard. Whether through writing, speaking, or through social media, it is crucial that we speak out in the face of injustice and not stay silent about the things that matter. We want to hear from educators of color in the classroom on the most pressing issues happening in education and give you an elevated platform to amplify your voice.
That is why EdTrust is hosting a series of monthly “Communications for Fierce Advocacy” trainings aimed to connect educators of color with communications experts to build and amplify teachers’ advocacy voice through various mediums and communications outlets. Such mediums and platforms include opinion pieces including op-eds and blogs, leveraging social media, and how to conquer media interviews around topics that are bubbling up in your state that are also national hot topics.
Monday April 15 (6-7pm ET): How to Leverage Your Social Media for Advocacy
- Description: Social media is an essential platform and vehicle for digital organizing and advocacy efforts. Teachers can leverage their own personal social media to become outspoken advocates on behalf of students. In this session, teacher advocates will learn about the different platforms’ audiences and potential, hear from fierce advocates themselves who leverage their socials to take action, learn concrete ways to increase their own advocacy efforts, and walk away with clear steps for action.
- What’s the Buzz? Deep Dive into Platforms and Content Impact
- In Our Own Words: Fierce Advocates on Socials
- Ways to Increase Engagement and Advocacy
- Wrap-up and Next Steps Towards Action